HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Changing IP Address for managament and service processor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:39 am 

I've been asked by my networks team if we can change the IP address for management and the service processor. Are there any other services i would have to change if i did this, like system reporter?

How do you change the ip address for the management and service processor?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Changing IP Address for managament and service processor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:50 am 

I changed the IP on the array first (via ssh). Then log into the SP and change it's IP, then recable/reVLAN the devices, go back into the SP and change the array IP.

We had already set the system reporter to use a DNS name, but if you didn't do that you will need to change it there as well.

Post subject: Re: Changing IP Address for managament and service processor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:19 am 

Quote:
In this article we’ll cover changing IP address of 3Par main components being:
- 3Par Virtual Management IP
- 3Par Virtual Service Processor
- 3Par Windows Server hosting Management Console

- SSH to 3Par Management IP with 3paradm user

o Change IP Address with this command:
setnet startaddr CURRENT_IP NEW_IP NEW_SUBNET_MASK
ex: setnet startaddr 172.16.92.10 172.16.128.52 255.255.252.0

o Change Gateway IP with this command:
setnet startgateway NEW_GATEWAY_IP
ex: setnet startgateway 172.16.128.254

- At this stage both IPs are activated. When you confirm that the new IP is reachable, issue the following command and OLD IP will be discarded:
setnet finish

- Now RDP to the WIndows Server hosting the HP 3Par Management Console software, and change its IP to one on the same subnet as 3Par and make sure you can ping the NEW 3Par Management IP

- After you confirm the above, Login to the Virtual Service Processor via a Browser with the 3parcust username. From the SPmaint menu (on the left), click on Network Configuration followed by Change Public Network Interface Parameters. Modify IP/Mask/Gateway settings and click on Save and Activate.

- At this stage you will lose connection to the VSP. Login to the VMware ESXi console or vCenter (depending on setup), and change the VSP virtual machine network settings to correspond to the new network setup (probably only a change in VLAN ID is required. If in doubt contact your Network Engineer)

- Once you have restored connection to the VSP via web browser, re-login with the username 3parcust. Once logged in, browse to SPmaint -> InServ Configuration Management and click Modify. Now enter the New IP address of the 3Par Management IP, and click Update InServ Info.

- To confirm that all is working fine, login to the Windows server hosting the HP 3Par Management Console software, double click software shortcut, change IP address to the NEW VSP IP on the login prompt, and you should be able to connect to 3Par without any problems.

Reference:
http://www.yourwebassist.com/profession ... addresses/