HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Alletra 9000 CPG config
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:57 am 

Comparing 3PAR CLI commands to Alletra 9000 CLI commands (via the docs) I find most to be the same with a couple of parameter changes. However the createcpg command seems to missing both the RAID type and RAID set size parameters, I presume that everything is RAID6 on Alletra so no option but how do you control the RAID set size (6+2, 10+2 etc)?

Does it just set it automatically based on the number of mags/cages available and so no manual option? :?

Post subject: Re: Alletra 9000 CPG config
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:13 am 

ailean wrote:
Comparing 3PAR CLI commands to Alletra 9000 CLI commands (via the docs) I find most to be the same with a couple of parameter changes. However the createcpg command seems to missing both the RAID type and RAID set size parameters, I presume that everything is RAID6 on Alletra so no option but how do you control the RAID set size (6+2, 10+2 etc)?

Does it just set it automatically based on the number of mags/cages available and so no manual option? :?

Primera and Alletra 9000 is the same.

Only RAID6, AutoCPG sets the optimal (biggest) set size between 6+2 and 10+2 depending on configuration (number of disks and number of cages vs HA).

Post subject: Re: Alletra 9000 CPG config
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:12 am 

Thank you for the info!
I can get on with my migration scripting now. ;)

I even found a HPE Alletra 9000 'tutorial' video on CPGs, although it went on about them controlling RAID type and set sizes when it got to the demo part they just did a "createcpg <name>" and "removecpg <name>" with a couple of showcpg commands. No other parameters or details... :roll: