HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: VMware Recovery Manager tab disappears!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:18 am 

Hi all
Has anyone had a situation when the 3Par tab in vCentre doesn't load after a day or two? Everything installs ok and works after the initial install, but when vCentre is closed and re-opened a couple of days later the tab is no longer there and an vCentre error appears saying that the module failed to load. At this point I can either re-install to get it working again or once I just left it and after several more days it was ok again.....very strange....
I've tried a couple of different versions of the Recovery Manager all with the same behaviour and also tried it on two different vCentre servers in the same environment - again the same behaviour. This is a VMware 5.5 estate. I suspect it's environmental as on other sites I've not seen this issue but not sure where to start looking for the issue.

thanks

Post subject: Re: VMware Recovery Manager tab disappears!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:15 am 

We gave up on RM-V because it was so unpredictable and did not work well, bloated and never showed all our volumes. We never saw the tab disspear, but we did see the tab never return any useful results.