HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Re: System Reporter required for AO?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:15 am 

You are still missing a key piece of the puzzle around system reporter.

"Especially since they are running 6-12 months behind most of what they have been telling me the last 12 months."

Well that's what road maps are all about, not firm commitments to precise feature details and exact release dates and that's typically what's stated on the first slide of any roadmap presentation. I'm slightly surprised at the above 6 to 12 month generalization though, although there will always be features that don't make a release, sometimes for technical, marketing or other reasons, the vast majority have been and are being delivered on time. In saying that, I do appreciate these sessions can be very subjective being short on detail, and so open to interpretation in as much as HP's own internal priorities and release schedules may not align with you own.

Last edited by Cleanur on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:02 am 

Well my account team is here in 10 minutes and will ask them again, but the product team briefed me about 6 weeks ago with the account team so whatever I am missing is either not far enough along to have my hopes up. SR is not part of what you may be hinting at due to release next month.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:28 pm 

I think you're maybe just a little too focused on a one for one replacement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:55 pm 

I think the problem is there is a lot of disconnect in the middle. HP Corp knows, VARs in the middle are mixed on what they are briefed on, and customers last.

The problem with VARs (yes, i know there are some in here) is that unless they have the time to commit a "niche" area they tend to know a lot of products and can read slide decks but the more advanced questions are beyond them.

Would be nice if HP did a quarterly/bi-annually/yearly did a webex-style product update/roadmap NDA for current 3Par customers. Would bring everyone up to speed at the same time and a lot of the repeated questions would follow WORM (basically).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:58 pm 

Cleanur wrote:
I think you're maybe just a little too focused on a one for one replacement.

Account team just confirmed what I was previously told SR is it for now, it is moving, but anytime soon. I do realize there will not be a one for one replacement. We'll know more in 30 days ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:37 am 

SR is at its end of life. I'm surprised they put out a 3.1 MU3 but the only update must be the CLI. Any info there ?
IMC is dying too aswell.
Next step is some king of web product called SSMC but, and that the main point for me, SSH will still be there ! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:17 am 

Patrick wrote:
Would be nice if HP did a quarterly/bi-annually/yearly did a webex-style product update/roadmap NDA for current 3Par customers. Would bring everyone up to speed at the same time and a lot of the repeated questions would follow WORM (basically).

Must be your account team, I get road-maps regularly and talk to the product team as well.