HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: v400 3.1.2 MU5 and 3PAR MC 4.5.1 issues?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:13 pm 

I have a V400 2-node array running 3.1.2 and have had no issues with managing it with 3PAR MC 4.3 and 4.4....

I just recently received a 7450 and installed the provided 4.5.1 MC software. Within 24 hours I also removed hosts from a host set by editing the host set and removing the hosts. No issues, all is well and moved on. Well over the weekend I come back in Monday to some craziness.....

Basically, all my exports still show valid in CLI, the esxi hosts BfS are running great even after a reboot, and all datastore LUNs are happy and chugging away - BUT - now all the LUNs show up under unexported in MC. I can see the active VLUNs in MC, but the exports don't show up. Of course all looks well in CLI, and everything runs well but MC is upset.

For whatever reason over the next 24-48 hours or so, all the VMFS5 datastores (it appears as they are actively written to manually??) start to re-appear under exported and leave unexported? Now tonight as I type this all VMFS5 LUNs are back in exported automagically, but the BfS LUNs are still unexported in MC?

Has anyone seen anything similar before? I am GUESSING its MC 4.5.1 or the host set change, but i've done the host set changes before many of times and never had an issue? Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: v400 3.1.2 MU5 and 3PAR MC 4.5.1 issues?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:38 am 

My opinion is that all releases of the IMC after 4.2/4.3 have had issues. We have been working with support since February trying to get our issues resolved. They gave us a special build of 4.5 that works pretty good, but is slow. all GA orisons of 4.4+ have had major issues for us, java crashes or UI not showing accurate info.