HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Re: Another limitation, now with Remote Copy
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:10 am 
Site Admin

I would describe it differently... I would say you trying to force a very large mainstream corporate/enterprise entity to conform to your "small niche" needs, as in a very small niche of customers do that. I think its pretty darn cool that you guys have given backup/recovery software/hardware vendors the bird and built a 30 day solution solely based on storage frame snapshots. I would like to learn more about how all that works, perhaps a new thread just about that topic.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:29 am 

Appreciate your frustration here, but it looks like there's a potential solution to your problem and its being worked in the background.
I stated earlier it's difficult to make a judgement call on support issues unless you're in full possession of all the facts. As such I thinks it's sometimes prudent to step back and consider before venting your frustrations online. Without the full facts, this just breeds fear and uncertainty within the community and in turn provides half baked ammunition to HP's competitors, who you can guarantee will be crawling all over these forums.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:25 pm 

So evidently the issue is with 3.1.2 only, we were originally told it was all OS levels, but they just confirmed this is a 3.1.2 issue so when we finish our 3.1.3 upgrade this weekend the limitation goes away.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:17 pm 

Glad to hear you've made progress.
I suppose it should have been reasonably obvious given the limits were lifted only in the 3.1.3 release, so the 3.1.2 at the remote end's limits would need to be considered for remote copy, same consideration would need to be given for downgrades.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:43 am 

We asked that question up front, but support told us initially the 32768 was still in place for RC in 3.1.3, took 2 escalations and 4 days to get the right answer.