HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR 7400 controller error
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:18 am 

steve_carlose wrote:
cleanur
I told you a true.
our old controller was second hand but after that AC problem we bout the new one.
now I wanna just install the inform OS again because our new SSD san disk drive don't have a OS.
I think it's not complicated !!!!

Have you tried to call HP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:27 pm 

steve_carlose wrote:
now I wanna just install the inform OS again because our new SSD san disk drive don't have a OS.
I think it's not complicated !!!!

This is the wrong type of hardware to play that game with.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:50 pm 

steve_carlose wrote:
Yes you are right but I told you I'm his employer I can't make a goal.if I can't fix this problem maybe I'll loos my position.

It may be a cultural thing but in your fear of losing your job, you are digging yourself a deeper hole. The boss is (or should be) responsible and he needs to know the facts…. Enough is enough; it is irresponsible to continue down this path.

He should applaud colleagues that is not afraid to take a stand for the good of the company. If he then decide to continue, it will at least be an informed decision.

[edit]Don’t get me wrong…. I do sympathize with you. It’s a horrible situation you are in[/edit]

Last edited by skumflum on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

Steve, I'm sorry you're stuck in this situation.

You really need advanced engineering level support customized to your systems specific state. I don't believe anyone, anywhere has been in a similar situation. Are you trying to just get the system operational again so that you can use it... or are you needing to recover the data is on it? Is it ok in your situation if all the data is wiped clean?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 am 

skumflum

I think it's not complicated.I wanna just re-install the Inform OS.
I'm new in HP3PAR

Last edited by steve_carlose on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:09 am 

Hello Richard.
Thanks god.I'm waiting for your reply more than 3 days :)
Yes I'm trying to just get the system operational again.fortunately I have a full backup of our data.so data it's not important for me.

Last edited by steve_carlose on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:49 am 

Ok, I will stop talking about your boss :lol: someone like that just makes me angry.

[Disclaimer] I am going to suggest something that is totally wild, so please don’t do it out of my recommendation [/disclaimer]

Do you still have the old defect controllers? You could try to yank the internal drives out and insert them in the new ones. If you are lucky, the OS will boot. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:57 am 

skumflum

unfortunately I don't have old one

Last edited by steve_carlose on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Steve, I don't know how to fix, but by clarifying that you are not concerned with data loss, and just need help getting the nodes boot drives/OS re-installed, I think will open some doors for others to assist.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:32 pm 

Convenient the original controllers are no longer available. Also you can manage days of down time so long as you have an offline backup. Obviously if you manage to get this pair back up and running you won't be going ahead with the original plan of changing the serial number.

As much as I would like to help, Is it just me or does this along with the previous requests for ootb procedures, serial number changes, reticence in contacting HP support just not add up as a legitimate purchase / install ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next