SPOCC gives wrong page for OS Patches

jbguy

SPOCC gives wrong page for OS Patches

Post by jbguy »

I have been trying to update one of my 3PARs and found an odd quirk. On all my other arrays I just go to SPOCC and hit updates then 3par updates. It lets me upload files and do the update. For some reason on this array I get the below screen (in attachment) when I click on 3par updates. This is normally the screen you get when doing an update. I dont know how to knock this back to normal. I have rebooted the SP but that didnt seem to work. The SP is 4.4.0 GA - 129 so fairly up to date.

Anyone seen this behavior before? I thought of restarting a service on the array but not sure how to do that or even which one would control that behavior.

Thanks for any insight.
Attachments
2019-03-13_9-20-35.png
2019-03-13_9-20-35.png (24.5 KiB) Viewed 32945 times
MammaGutt

Re: SPOCC gives wrong page for OS Patches

Post by MammaGutt »

Try removing the 3PAR from the SP and re-added it.
The views and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my current or previous employers.
jbguy

Post by jbguy »

Is that something that can be done live? Or does it need to be shut down?
MammaGutt

Post by MammaGutt »

It is not disruptive and does not impact anything.
The views and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my current or previous employers.
jbguy

Post by jbguy »

Ok thanks. I will give it a whirl and see what I get.
jbguy

Post by jbguy »

Just as a note I tried this and it worked!

Thanks MammaGutt!
sanjac

Post by sanjac »

is there some file that tells me in what order to install patches (i know support usally does it but i love to do it myself)?? For examle infosight is telling me now that "System is missing conditional patch(es) P42,P39,P51,P37 for" i tried installing 42 ...got error. Installed 51 and then 37
MammaGutt

Post by MammaGutt »

sanjac wrote:is there some file that tells me in what order to install patches (i know support usally does it but i love to do it myself)?? For examle infosight is telling me now that "System is missing conditional patch(es) P42,P39,P51,P37 for" i tried installing 42 ...got error. Installed 51 and then 37

Release notes state requirements (required installed patches) for each patch.

I've not seen anything other than this.
jbguy

Post by jbguy »

sanjac wrote:is there some file that tells me in what order to install patches (i know support usally does it but i love to do it myself)?? For examle infosight is telling me now that "System is missing conditional patch(es) P42,P39,P51,P37 for" i tried installing 42 ...got error. Installed 51 and then 37

Yeah I just try to do them in ascending order and make sure to check the notes for each to make sure that there are no prereqs that I dont already have installed. Most of the small patches usually dont need anything else. A lot of newer ones can supersede others as well.

Its just a lot of reading to make sure there isnt anything that will be a gotcha. :)
profp62

Post by profp62 »

Not so long ago there were fantastic documents named like Patches Release Information v20180802 maintained by Sasha Stojkovich on partner page. They disappeared. Probably useless question, but - something like that somewhere ? (forum, blog ...).
Thanks