HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Federation with Window clusters
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:37 am 

Hello All,

Does anyone tried online peer_motion using 3PAR Federation on Windows 2012R2/2008R2 cluster nodes?

To explain you in short, While I am doing Federation on Windows cluster(SQL), the primary node(SQL service) failed over to another node, also cluster data disk become inaccessible for 1-3 secs(This is the time Source array IO's transits to Destination, where Source AULA state become standby and destination starts serving IO's). The impact was unknown to us yet, we are working with HPE and MS to understand this better. I am looking for the advice, If anyone is aware of this kind of issue please help me out.

Souce and Destination arrays are at 3.3.1 and SSMC at 3.3.0 versions.

Thanks,
Kalyan

Post subject: Re: Federation with Window clusters
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 pm 

done several dozen sql and general failover ms clusters from 2008r2-2016. never had this issue. not sure what help i can provide beyond what HPE and MS will investigate.

path verification is required for safe transition from active paths on the destination array and marking the standby paths for the source array. i usually confirm via PS that the paths are there, and updated during the "host rescan" phase. if the rescan picks up the new paths, it usually is good to go with no disruption.