HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: STATUS_DEVICE_BUSY(80000011)
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 am 

Hi all :)
i'm getting this error on my cluster every few days:

"Cluster Shared Volume 'Volume1' ('Cluster Disk - 3PAR') has entered a paused state because of 'STATUS_DEVICE_BUSY(80000011)'. All I/O will temporarily be queued until a path to the volume is reestablished."

and

"Cluster physical disk resource failed periodic health check.

Physical Disk resource name: Cluster Disk - 3PAR
Device Number: 1
Device Guid: {62cccf12-3464-7a95-6207-fb1403bfb466}
Error Code: 170
Additional reason: ClusDiskReportedFailure

If the reason is ReattachTimeout, it means attaching a new RHS process to the disk resource took too long.
If the reason is ClusDiskReportedFailure, it means the underlying disk device was removed from the system.
If the reason is QuorumResourceFailure, it means this is a Spaces quorum resource.
If the reason is VolumeNotHealthy, it means one of the volumes is not healthy and may need repair."

and

"Cluster resource 'Cluster Disk - 3PAR' of type 'Physical Disk' in clustered role '92c1b434-442a-4df5-b8c9-efdedc58189c' failed.

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it. Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet."

After that 3par gates paused. and every node rasterted.

It seems that 3par is loosing connection with my cluster and i'm not shure why. Im not getting any errors on network or 3par. any suggetions in what way to look :|

Post subject: Re: STATUS_DEVICE_BUSY(80000011)
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:37 am 

Microsoft patches, 3PAR patches, HBA drivers and 3PAR implementation guide for Windows is where I would look:)

Are you losing all volumes or just one?
Does it happen on all servers in the cluster or just one? And if all servers, does it happen on all servers at the same time?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:32 am 

I'm having just one volume.
it happens on all the servers at same time

Cluster node 'h01' was removed from the active failover cluster membership. The Cluster service on this node may have stopped. This could also be due to the node having lost communication with other active nodes in the failover cluster. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapters on this node. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

I run network validation on cluster. it shows no errors

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:07 am 

I found out...besides other problems :D...that 3par gets paused when node in cluster holding 3par gets restarted.then I get this message..it happens quickly...yesterday I didn't feel it on my production....but still got the message

Cluster Shared Volume '' ('Cluster Disk - 3PAR') has entered a paused state because of 'STATUS_VOLUME_DISMOUNTED(c000026e)'. All I/O will temporarily be queued until a path to the volume is reestablished.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:53 am 

I rebooted 3par and problems go away...